|VVREO Introduction: The Verde Valley Regional Economic Organization (VVREO) is a regional collaborative dedicated to sustainable economic prosperity for the Verde Valley. VVREO was established in 2006 as a public/private partnership and 501 (c) 6 non-profit organization to provide a unified voice for regional economic development issues. Its Board of Directors represents cities and towns, unincorporated areas, private industry, the Yavapai Apache Nation, and Yavapai College. VVREO helps lead, guide, and implement the region’s economic development strategies and initiatives.
VVREO proud to be Some key accomplishments over the past few years include:
- Led the Verde Valley Housing Needs Assessment development and creation of the Five-Year Affordable Housing Action Plan;
- Led a regional strategic planning process and creation of the Verde Valley Regional Economic Development Strategic Plan 2018 – 2023;
- Over $900,000 of VVREO revolving loan funds provided for regional business development;
- Actively participated in the work that resulted in ADOT funding for the 260 expansion;
Supported the establishment of regional organizations such as the Verde Valley Wine Consortium and Verde Valley Agriculture Coalition; and
- Awarded “Small Economic Development Organization of the Year” by Arizona Association of Economic Developers (AAED) in 2007 and 2010.
Learn more about VVREO, the regional strategic plan, and associated initiatives at www.vvreo.org.
Description of Professional Services: VVREO seeks professional services for organizational, loan administration, and regional leadership functions at the direction of the VVREO Executive Committee (EC) in conjunction with strategic planning priorities as established by the Board of Directors. In general, the professional services needed include community and stakeholder engagement, Board support, relationship building and management, revolving loan administration, and general organizational support. More detailed responsibilities and services are detailed in this document.
Professional services may be delivered by an individual or through a consulting firm’s team of professionals.
Regional Leadership – Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relationship management – Build and maintain productive relationships with partners, community leaders, businesses, and stakeholders with the purpose of advancing VVREO’s strategic plan. Identify and garner support of partners and stakeholders that align with and move VVREO’s vision forward.
- Community Engagement and Coordination – Facilitate and convene discussions and events to address issues and solutions for economic development. Present and inform at key regional events. Deliver and coordinate the presentation of the region’s strategic vision, inclusive of relevant data to support the Strategic Plan.
- Data – Procure, interpret, and present regional economic data and key indicators.
- Board Member Collaboration – Identify and work collaboratively with board members and their skills for effective implementation of the Strategic Plan.
Organizational Management – Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Board and Committee support – Provide support to the Board and Committees. This includes meeting preparation (agendas and minutes), and new member orientation. Provide monthly reports as part of the Executive Committee and Board packets.
- Customer service – Provide customer service to board members, community members, partners, and stakeholders. Assist boards and commissions with data and information as requested. Draft support letters for member community projects. Provide support to applicants of the VVREO loan program.
- Communication – Communicate regularly with the Board and Executive Committee on items of regional importance. Write and distribute content to promote VVREO’s brand, activities, or initiatives. Act as a liaison between the organization, the public, local media, and social media to ensure that VVREO remains top of mind.
- Marketing –In consultation with the Marketing Committee, implement marketing plan and strategies inclusive of website maintenance, press releases, and newsletters in conformance with the goals and objectives of the Strategic Plan.
- Fundraising – Work with sponsors, identify and secure financial contributions. Write grants to support VVREO strategic initiatives as necessary.
- Accounting – Support the work of the VVREO treasurer and the VVREO accountant/bookkeeper. Ensure financial information is updated and ready for board review and input. Generate monthly and annual reports as needed.
- Administrative support – Provide administrative support including managing files and processes, drafting minutes and reports, dues/fees collection and deadlines, and other items as necessary.
- Event planning – In consultation with the Event Planning Committee, plan, manage, and host events as determined by the Board and strategic planning. A minimum of one event per quarter is desired.
- Management – Manage VVREO third-party contracts as directed by the Executive Committee.
- Other – Perform other duties as assigned.
Revolving Loan Fund Program – Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Revolving loan program administration – Serve as primary contact for the revolving loan fund. Report program status monthly to the Capital Creation Committee, Executive Committee, and Board. Maintain complete records to provide accurate reporting to federal, state, local, or private funding sources. Submit reports and ensure other compliance requirements are met. Facilitate the underwriting process. Coordinate loan closings.
- Loan funding growth – Seek opportunities to grow the loan funding program. Work with partners to educate them about the availability and benefits of the loan program; develop outreach materials for distribution to potential borrowers.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in economic development, planning, marketing, public or business administration, finance, non-profit management, or a related field or equivalent experience or three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in an economic development, marketing, community development planning, or a related field. Significant experience with customer service and community engagement is desired. Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job may be considered.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of the regional community and economic development strategies and needs.
- Ability to collaborate with community leaders, regional organizations, business owners and development professionals with diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills including email, Microsoft Suite, Zoom (virtual meeting) administration, QuickBooks, and other standard office, presentation, and document production products.
- Networking and relationship building skills.
- Knowledge and experience with social media and website best practices.
- Experience with federal and state funding administration, compliance, and reporting.
- Appropriate management of confidential information.
- Ability to organize and present statistical, financial and factual data in a manner easily understood by the relevant target audience.
Work Environment: This will either be a 1099 contract position with an individual or a professional service agreement with a consulting firm. Work will primarily be done both remotely. The employee must attend monthly board meetings, committee meetings, special events, and other meetings as necessary.
Available Funding: The funding range for the requested services is $75,000 – $90,000. This is dependent on qualifications.
How to Apply / Contact
Submittal Requirements: Those interested in providing professional services previously described are requested to submit the following information. Please provide:
- Resume/s and background information of all key personnel that demonstrates their qualifications, experience, and skills.
- For consulting firms – Also include the background of the firm as well as who on the team will serve as the professional services lead/manager and primary contact.
- Breakdown of costs and work hours. Provide estimated hours and hours rates.
Completed proposals are due by close of business on November 22, 2023. Submissions shall be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact person: Any questions regarding this request can be directed to Tom Binnings, VVREO Board Chair, at email@example.com.